Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Christmas in July


Hello again...second post for the day! This is a card that fits Cute Card Thursday "Stitch in Time" and Stamp Something "Christmas in July." I was dying to use this adorable Imaginisce stamp from their Wild Things Collection. This hippo is soooo cute! I colored him with watercolor pencils and highlighting with a white paint pen. I stamped the Santa hat from a wooden Christmas stamp I had. I colored it and cut out both pieces. I embellished the hat with 3-D white glitter paint. I cut 4 squares from red and green cardstock, then 4 squares from patterned Christmas papers. I mounted each in the corners alternating the prints. I drew stitching with the white paint pen. I glued a Christmas button on one square, red one on the other and some flowers with button brads. I used a CB folder on the red piece that the hippo is on. I typed the sentiment on the computer and printed it on white cardstock. I cut it and mounted it on to the green. Then, I adhered it to the center of the card. Thanks again for stopping by!

3 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is adorable! Love the hippo santa! Super cute image and that hat is perfect! Great papers and layout too! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something. :)

Rosemary said...

I happened upon your blog from Mojo Monday and WOW - you are so talented. I love your cards! This one just made me smile - I love that Xmas song!

Great stuff!

Erin... said...

so adorable janna!! Love that hippo and great papers!! Fun song too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week):