Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Babysitting project


Hi there again!  I just wanted to post a little project I did with the kids I babysit for.  We made snowglobes out of Polar fruit jars.  I stamped the images the kids chose with Stazon on acetate.  They colored them with Sharpie markers and cut out the images.  We filled the jars with baby oil and each child chose the glitter colors they wanted.  We glued the images in two of them and let them free float in the other two.  Then the kids chose the ribbons they wanted to decorate the outsides of the jars.  I hot glued and superglued the lids shut and then hotglued the ribbon around the lids and the tops of the jars.  The kids are ages 1, 2, 6 and 8. I can honestly say, I have NEVER seen kids so excited about a project before!  They had a blast and were so proud :)  It's times like this I miss being a toddler teacher!  Thanks for looking! 

No comments: