Sunday, May 24, 2009

For the Boys


Happy Memorial Day, America! Today I decided to celebrate the lives of those who helped to keep our freedom and the land that we love by making an All-American type card (which just happens to fit 3 different challenges this week!) I used Quarterback Ian from Greeting Farm stamps and a pallet of browns and tans. I started with a base of dark brown then layered a tan piece which I used CB folder Tiny Mosaic. Then I distressed the edges of some football paper that I got in a grab bag at the Rusty Pickle booth at the CK Convention last weekend! Next, I took a piece of cardboard and "antiqued" the edges with cocoa ink and a sponge. Next, I took a strip in the dark brown and punched a silver large eyelet in it, then mounted it across the card. Next, I flipped the same football paper, and mounted it on the cardboard. I colored Ian with a water pen and markers. I cut the football out of the image, traced it on a piece of leather and cut that to fit in place. I drew the lines with a white paint pen. Finally, I used to chipboard tags sponged in brown, and I doodled the words BIG and Game and tied them with hemp twine and adhered to the corner. This card fits the "Nothing Girly, for the Boys" challenge on Roses On Paper's Challenge Blog, Cute Card Thursday's "Sports" Challenge, and I used the Papertake Weekly Sketch for their challenge. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! Thanks to all our heroes :)

6 comments:

LISA said...

I love it, really great card xx

LOUISE said...

Oh Janna, this little guy is so cute, love him! Louise x

Deb said...

fantastic card Janna, so love this image! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

Anki said...

Love it! This is such a cutie. Thank you for participating in our challenge this week. Kram - Anki

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is awesome! Love the rustic and masculine feel. Fabulous image, love the way you did the sentiment too. Perfect fit for the sporting challenge! :)

Iris Wiechmann said...

Awesome card! thanks for playing with us at ROP

Hugs,
Iris