Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Stuff


Hello All! Today I decided I wanted to play with my new CB folders and ribbon and one of my Christmas gifts--The Whimsy Animal Collection Polar Bear. I followed Katharina's sketch over on the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog. I used a teal base cardstock and a cream layer embossed with the stylized flowers CB folder. I used some multi-colored ribbon to cover seams and a strip of olive green ribbon as well. The circles were cut using the Fiskars circle cutter template. I colored the bear with brown colored pencils to outline, then SU Close to Cocoa ink with a water brush. The sentiment was stamped in SU Always Artichoke and mounted with foam squares on green and then red corrugated paper. I embellished with some Prima flowers and a red rhinestone as well as a brown button with hemp twine and a scrap of the multi-ribbon. If you like the bear, please go to WhimsyStamps.com and check out the rest of the line! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

He looks so sweet! Love the layout and the circle, he's just poking his head out! :) Great ribbons and papers and embossing too. fabulous card! :)