Monday, November 10, 2008

Jessicas


Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! Today I'm posting a couple of cards. The first is a card I made (many of) for my cousin, Jessica, who is expecting. I made these multi-use cards in pink, green and cream and gave them as part of her shower gift. They can be used as thank you cards or as birth announcements. I left a loose card stamped with baby themed info stamp in coordinating colors and ribbon. The stamps were from Stampin' Up, I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the background.

The second card is a birthday card for my friend's daughter, Jessica. She is turning 10 and she's into funky, bright and loud! So I made this "tie dyed" retro flower card. I used a lime green textured cardstock as the base. The floral background and cut outs are from a pre-printed card I received from a friend. I embellished the flowers with glue on rhinestones. The next layer is a piece of white cardstock that I saturated with water, then dropped ink refill droppers on the paper and let the water bleed on it's own. I dried it with the heat gun to set it. I cut corners from scrap cardstock. Finally, the center metal tag was embellished with a white rub-on "j" and a flower brad. That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments: