Sunday, July 13, 2008

Triple Challenge with a Twist!


Today I worked on the challenge for the Stamp Something Blog. The challenge was to use 3 colors, 3 embellishments and 3 layers. I used my winnings from one of their previous challenges to make a red, white and blue birthday card! I used white cardstock as the base, a piece of red textured cardstock, some navy cardstock that I embossed with a Fiskars texture plate, rwb ribbon, the Stampin' Up ribbon punch, the sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set, the metal rimmed tag, 3 brads (embellished with Stickles) and red and navy inks. I also embellished the metal rimmed tag with Stickles and a tiny rub-on! I think I have too many embellishments for the challenge, but I like the color combo anyway!

3 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great card! Love the sentiment in the tag and the color combo. Fun embellishments too, great idea with the stickles! Thanks for playing along!

Hope you had a good weekend! :)

Erin... said...

Super card Janna! Love the embossing! thanks for playing:)

Lisa H. said...

how cool! I love how it turned out. the vellum overlay looks great.