Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Step Back in Time...

 
Happy Tuesday!  It's a new challenge at Creative Card Crew!  We are going Vintage!  Our sponsor this week is:


 
They kindly donated some images for us to work with!  I used "A Helping Hand," to make a card for my younger brother's 30th birthday!  I love this image so much! It just felt perfect for the occasion!  I dyed the white cardstock with black tea. I  wrinkled it, resoaked it and then ironed it dry.  I then inserted it in the printer to print the image.  I colored the image with Copics in brown tones to authenticate the aged look. I finished it with the buttons and the gold toned brads!

Please visit the rest of the DT for some more inspiration!

Challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Birthday
Quixotic Challenge:  Monochromatic
Your Next Stamp: Distressing
Cute Daisy May: For the boys (for my brother!)

8 comments:

pinky said...

Janna its absolutely gorgeous, love the vintage, manly feel from it and what an image! Thanks for joining us at CDM this week.
Pinky

Tazza said...

lovely card, love all the details and the work to distress the paper.

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Janna! You ROCKed this challenge, great vintage look!
Blessings, Maria

Pauline C said...

Gorgeousc ard Janna - lvoe your colouring on the image and the fab vintage metal effects
Hugs
pauline x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I really love this card, Janna. Wow, you really went to some great lengths to make your distressing authentic - tea dye and all. The buttons and the letters are fab and really add to the antique look. Wonderful job on this challenge!!

Faye said...

This card is lovely, thanks for playing at CDM. x

Rleen said...

Janna gorgeous card! I love it! TFS!
Thank you for joining us at the Cute Daisy May challenge this week.
Hugs, Arlene

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow this is truly gorgeous I adore vintage so much and you have captured the look perfectly thank you so much for joining us at Cute Daisy May this week
Hugs
Lorraine x