Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MyGrafico Sketch Challenge


Hello there!  Thanks for visiting me today!  I have a post I made for the sketch challenge over at MyGrafico today!  My second piece of work for the DT!  I'm enjoying the image choices we have to work with...lots of possibilities!  This week, we had this wonderful Star set by Black Leaf to choose from! So I went with some layers of the star I chose, making it pop off the page with 3D foam squares.  I colored it with watercolor pencil and glitter paint pens and Stickles.  The triangle is embossed with at Quikutz folder.  The sentiment is a metal charm.  Please check out the rest of the DT for more inspiration! 

This card fits these challenges:

ABC-L is for Layering
Paperplay-Precious metals
Daring Cardmakers-Garnet
Kraftin' Kimmies-Heavy Metal
Digital Tuesday-Emboss it

14 comments:

Karin said...

Great job! Love the sparkle!

Teri said...

Fabulous work hun - love the sentiment.
Hugs,
Teri x

Crystal said...

Gorgeous, I LOVE your star...WOW

SueH said...

A really pretty card Janna, I love the embossing and the metal charm.

Thanks for joining the daring Cardmakers this week.
Sue
x

Unknown said...

Its awesome, I still haven't worked with metal on my cards, but great inspiration ;)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Janna this is such a striking design the colours are bright and bold and that star is gorgeous loving the embossing thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lynda said...

This is very striking Janna - love the star. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Mary said...

Love the layered stars - great way to use the images!

Javablustamper said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this!! GREAT job!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Rachel B said...

I love your take on the sketch. This is a beautiful creation with beautiful sparkle!

Kathy said...

That star looks so good on the red background - thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

Maria Matter said...

Hi Janna!
this is so pretty, the embossing really adds a nice touch!
I'm so glad you came to play with us at Digi Tue!
Blessings, maria

Stephanie said...

great card, Janna!! love how you layered the stars & the colors you chose :)