Monday, October 26, 2009

Whimsy Monday!

Hello and Happy Monday!  I don't know about you, but it was a long weekend and I'm exhausted!  Today is a new challenge at Whimsy and we have a sketch for you!  I chose one of the newest images from the Whimsy Kids collection! Soccer Connor is colored with watercolor pencils.  I went with orange and white for the color scheme because I just love when boys wear orange.  Not sure why...but it's a great boy color!  The sentiment is a sticker from a set I got in a grab bag from The Rusty Pickle.  I am sending this to my nephew that ***fingers crossed!!!*** will find out today that he BEAT his anaphylactic allergy to peanuts!!!! My poor nephew and nieces all have severe food allergies, but Kam looks like he's outgrown it! It's such exciting news for our family :) 

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please see the rest of the DT blogs for more inspiration!  Have a great day!

This card fits these challenges:
Creative Card Crew:  Babies and children
My Time to Craft:  Halloween colors
One Stop:  Celebration
Secret Crafter:  Orange+1 other color

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable Janna!! Love how you've used Soccer Connor in the circle!! Great take on the sketch!! HUGS

Erin... said...

super cute Janna!! And congrats on your top scoop at pile it on!! you go girl!

Lesley said...

Another great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge again! xx

Donna said...

Fabulous boys card Janna. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Janna - what a brilliany way to use bright colour on a 'boy card', Jo x

made by fifi said...

great card - thanks for joining in this weeks MTTC challenge x

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, and great use of orange.
Thank you for joining in my colour challenge at SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Sue said...

I love this image! And I love the card you created with it. Food allergies in children are so scary.
Hope he finds out he's outgrown it.