Monday, May 11, 2009

Get Well and For You


Hello! Thanks for stopping by! Last week I was house sitting and for some reason felt VERY creative! Luckily, I had brought some stamping supplies with me and got down to business. The first card is a Get Well card I made for my niece. She's been ill and is going to be having surgery soon so I made this to cheer her up. I used a blue base and an alphabet print paper as the first layer. I colored a Sugar Nellie image I received from an image swap using an aqua painter and some markers. I adhered it to apricot card stock. I adhered green ribbon to the side. I glued 2 orange flowers on top of one another and finished it with a dew drop. Finally, I stamped the sentiment (from Whimsy Stamps) and mounted it on the base blue.

The next card is a card thanking the homeowner for the opportunity to care for her dog last week. I used a pink base. I used the CB Textile folder to emboss white for the first layer. I adhered a sheer white ribbon to the left. I used a Magnolia stamp (Tilda with Rose) as the main image. I colored her with colored pencils and embellished her wing with Elmer's 3d paint pen in white, and cut her out and adhered her to the ribbon. I glued a paper rose I found at the dollar store (in 6 packs) and used the ribbon and hairpin that were from the rose, and stuck them to the lower left hand side of the card. I finished it with the sentiment (Whimsy Stamps) "for you" and adhered that to the base pink.

Thanks for stopping by and I have several more to post so keep checking back! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Vanessa Middleton said...

That's really cute. I like those paper flowers you found. It adds a lot!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How cute are these! Love the images and your coloring and the papers and accents are perfect! :)